Dec 29, 2016
Bloody Mary: Just Add Ponzu
Oh dear classic Bloody Mary, you're so delicious and have been a trusty cocktail friend to us, but frankly, we're a little bored. zzz...
A Bloody Mary typically includes vodka, tomato juice, Tabasco sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire, citrus and celery salt. Sure, you can probably rattle off 10 buzz-worthy ingredients to add a bit more zip, but we'll offer our own secrets behind our Bloody Mary Martini: onion-pepper infused vodka and ponzu.
It's true, most great things take time, like infusing your own vodka. Our house-infused vodka marinates in onions, peppers and herbs for 14 days until it's packed with flavor and matured to perfection.
Try it yourself at home! It's incredibly easy, but takes some prep and patience. Here's the recipe to make your own onion-pepper infused vodka.
Perfect Bloody Mary Recipe
Combine these ingredients and set aside.
- 1.25 cup light soy sauce
- .25 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Perfect Bloody Mary
- 5 oz Onion-pepper infused vodka
- 2.5 oz Bloody Mary mix
- .5 oz Ponzu
- Splash Sriracha
- Course salt, green olives and lime wheels for garnish
- Add ice, vodka, Bloody Mary mix, ponzu and a splash of Sriracha to your shaker. Shake well.
- Give your glass a generous rim of salt, then pour the red devil into it (we recommend a martini glass)
- Top it off with a green olive, and a fresh lime wheel.
Now sit back with a friend, raise your glasses to something heartfelt or clever and enjoy the love and labor that went into making your Perfect Bloody Mary martini.